Jackson Meals Matter Objectives
COMBATING FOOD INSECURITY IN THE CITY OF JACKSON
JACKSON MEALS MATTER TASK FORCE OBJECTIVES
Fighting food insecurity in Jackson, one bite at a time.
Jackson Meals Matter is building our strategy to combat food insecurity around the following objectives:
• Conducting intensive outreach and cross-promotion awareness campaigns. We will develop a website, a food resource site map and an electronic resource directory aimed at ensuring all citizens of Jackson are aware of the City's anti-hunger programs and available resources.
• Developing a Jackson Meals Matter task force. This will bring together leaders of many organizations to help create awareness and also combined resources and talent in order to decrease food insecurities in the City of Jackson.
• Connect the campaign's efforts with Jackson Public Schools (JPS), the Boys and Girls Club, and other existing city-wide initiatives that focus on education, health and wellness to help strengthen and build participation.
• Test new and creative communication strategies to increase participation m programming and awareness of the city-wide anti-hunger campaign.
• Track data and set aggressive goals for increased participation in nutrition programs and services.
• Work with schools to improve school meal participation and other relevant partners to increase SNAP and WIC participation and awareness.
• Provide technical assistance to aid in developing or strengthening existing infrastructure that supports nutrition programs that provide healthy meals to lowincome children year round.
• Increase the capacity of key Afterschool and Summer Meal Program providers that partner with the City of Jackson, Mississippi.